"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Thomism Blues

I haven't had this much fun in weeks!

For full effect, hit the bumper before every line.

Now, when I was conceived,
Though my momma didn't know,
My body was infused
With a rational soul.
Now I'm a man
With one final end:
Eternal beatitude
With God as a true friend.

Chorus
I'm a man
Spell it M
A
N
Man
Ah
Ah
Ah
Ah
Y'all listen to me,
'Cause you know I ain't teasing.
I'm an individual substance
Of a nature with reason.

Repeat Chorus

Ain't just made of matter.
Ain't spirit trapped in mud.
I ain't just my soul,
I'm my soul plus my flesh and blood.

Repeat Chorus

I stand at the top
Of the material order,
But I also cross
The spiritual border.

Repeat Chorus

Bows and nods to the author, Tom Kreitzberg of Disputations!
blog comments powered by Disqus