"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Visitation

No, I don't mean the scrap commonly thrown to divorced dads if they're lucky, though meditation on today's liturgical theme might help some of them. Today is the Feast of the Visitation, the celebration of the visit of the pregnant Virgin Mary to her cousin Elizabeth, who at the time was even more pregnant with John the Baptist, and no less miraculously. This is one of the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary, and a personally significant anniversary for me. But until now, my meditation on it has never borne much fruit beyond reminding me that charity begins at home. I kept forgetting that it includes the Magnificat, and magnificent it is.

See this page for an outstanding aid to meditation.
blog comments powered by Disqus