"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Saturday, August 11, 2007

A voice from the cyber-wilderness

Apologies to my friends and the rest of my vast readership for not having posted in a few weeks. I keep meaning to, honest. But every night I tumble into bed before doing it. For one thing, I'm exhausted from working mostly outdoors in the heat. For another, my landlord cut off our Internet access, which had been in his name, when he moved to the West Coast to be with his girlfriend; and my roommates can't find a few extra dollars in their budgets to help me get it restored, even though I've offered them access to my computer for the purpose. On top of all that, I've been on a high-gear job search when not working my job. Perhaps I've just been on a divinely enforced vacation from the blogosphere.

But vacations end, almost by definition. I've got creative about getting Internet access; today I saved a draft of a post on the thesis of this article by Professor Robert George of Princeton, one of this country's most prominent intellectuals who is Catholic rather than CINO. You will get to read it tomorrow, after I've polished it up. Frustrated homilist that I am, I shall add a meditation on the Mass readings of the day. As and when I can, I shall also work through the backlog of material I've accumulated.

In the meantime, I ask my friends not to worry. Please pray that this latest chapter of my long job search, which I am certain is being fueled by the Spirit this time, ends with success.
blog comments powered by Disqus