"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Friday, November 03, 2006

Why the Orthodox should refuse to fight



At Pontifications, Orthodox priest Stephen Freeman says:

"This is not a statement about membership in the armed forces, but about ecclesiological warfare. In my time as a guest on Pontifications I have striven to be as irenic as possible in my writing (with occasional lapses, forgive me). I have written in some length now about why I think Orthodoxy should maintain such an approach to one another and towards those outside the Orthodox Church. This is an invitation to read a post on Glory to God for All Things, and to comment as you see fit (Pontificator, too, should he be so inclined)."

The latter post is entitled The Pillar and Ground of Truth, and is already garnering an impressive number of comments. A most worthwhile discussion, on which I shall have more to say here over the weekend.
blog comments powered by Disqus