You know you're a Catholic nerd IF:
- you feel challenged by Catholics who see no irony in considering themselves more Catholic than the Pope.
- at Mass, you find yourself mouthing sotto voce a prayer prescribed for the priest, only to be horrified by his ad-libbing.
- you're disappointed that the Church doesn't have an official position on every controversial issue.
- you have nightmares about defending the faith from angry, liberal Catholic women. (Bonus nerd points if the nightmares are no worse than the reality.)
- a public exhibition near you of rare relics of saints is your idea of a hot date spot.
- you've taught in a seminary that had refused to accept you as a student.
- you feel guilty about forgetting to thank God for your sufferings.
Since seven is the number signifying perfection, I shall stop there. Of course there could be more, lots more. After all, I needn't remind my regular readers whose life the above items are drawn from.
Enjoy. And if you care to, add some!