"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Humbled


Dear readers:

I have been stunned and humbled by the outpouring of support I have received in response to my previous post, which I had not even intended as a fundraising appeal. Its purpose was to be honest with my readers about my feelings and intentions at the time; my plan was to confine my begging to family and old friends and work to earn the difference between that yield and what I needed. Some of that work is underway, as it should be. Yet the response I got here, which represented a real sacrifice for many, was a manifestation of God's bounteous and unmerited grace. For that, I am deeply grateful. I have individually thanked those donors whose names I know; those who have preferred to remain anonymous deserve more thanks than I can tender here.

I now appreciate more than ever that my true work is the sort of thing I do on this blog. I hope to earn a living at it someday soon, at a level of performance for which my training and background have prepared me. My request is that you include that intention in your prayer. In the meantime, I shall resume substantive posting today in honor of the Immaculata and in service to you.

Deo gratias et omnibus.

blog comments powered by Disqus