"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Bible memed

OK, I'm one of the privileged few whom Al Kimel at Pontifications has memed with Bible questions. My ego having been duly massaged, my answers follow each question.

1. How many Bibles are in your home?

Seven, all translations. I've thought about getting a Greek NT and Septuagint; but as those are available online now, I decided to save the money.

2. What rooms are they in?

Well, since I live in one room, using a garage to store the spillover, the answer is all too simple. I have only the NAB in my living space since, while not the best, it's the Catholic liturgical translation and thus makes it easiest to read with the Church.

3. What translations do you have?

NAB, Jerusalem, NIV, RSV, NRSV (Catholic), Douay-Rheims, and KJV.

4. Do you have a preference?

Sure: the Jerusalem, with Study Guide. The Catholic Study Bible, based on the NAB, is also OK, but the translation is pedestrian.

5. Nominate an interesting verse.

Isaiah 55:11.
blog comments powered by Disqus