"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

You know you're a Catholic nerd when...

You're gonna love this. In case you aren't nerdy enough to know already, there is actually a blog called The Catholic Nerd Blog whose entries consist in filling in the blank after the phrase I've adopted as the title of this post. It's been active for a surprisingly long time, so you're bound to find some that keep you chuckling. One or two even had me belly-laughing—because they applied so well to me. How about you?

Since I don't have posting privileges over there, I e-mailed them a few of my suggestions. Feel free to do the same yourself. Here are a half-dozen others I've made up. The Catholic Nerd Bloggers should feel free to steal them.
  • ....at Mass, you sometimes find yourself mouthing the priest's prayers sotto voce, a sentence ahead of him, only to be horrified by his occasional ad-libbing.
  • ....you don't see any irony in the phrase 'more Catholic than the Pope'
  • ....you bought a satellite dish just to receive EWTN
  • ....you hang out incognito at a new parish in order to determine its orthodoxy before introducing yourself for any of the ministries
  • ....you know that the Rosary has twenty decades, and can recite all of them in a row without falling asleep

And now for my favorite:

You know you're a trad nerd if you think the following is a literal depiction of the Last Supper:

blog comments powered by Disqus