"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Time out

Just letting my vast readership know that this shall be my last post for a while. Why?

My older daughter just had a baby; mother and child, they tell me, are healthy and happy. But as of now I cannot give them anything besides a card with my blessing. I am plagued with car problems I cannot afford to solve. I can't drive the car, can't get it through inspection, and can't even renew my registration until I pay the non-trivial county tax on it, which is a joke since the car is almost worthless as it is. In its present condition I can't sell it, and I lack the wherewithal to replace it unless I sell it. Only by my boss's indulgence with company vehicles do I have any wheels at all—which, she knows, helps to keep me in a job I have been striving earnestly for months to replace. So at the moment my supplemental income opportunities are limited to paid possibilities online. C'est la vie.

I wish I could present all this as noble suffering for Christ, but at bottom it's just the due penalty for my errors. I just don't pay enough attention to temporalities until I'm forced to. Now I am forced to. It's obvious what I have to do, and it's going to take a lot to do it, including but not limited to more fervent prayer. Blogging about anything important demands time and energy I just can't spare right now.

Thanks to all of you for your support. Blogging has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me, and I trust this blog has been mostly that for you, my good readers. I shall return after due work, prayer, and success.
blog comments powered by Disqus