"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Graduating to the status of true co-pontificator

Most of my vast, regular readership knows that I assisted Al Kimel, owner of Pontifications, as a co-writer there. I wasn't always certain he didn't regret that decision; but for two reasons that are public knowledge, I am now certain.

For one, having decided to close down comments on his blog as he prepares for ordination to the Catholic priesthood, he has asked people who wish to comment on his articles to do so here at my own blog. But perhaps even more important, he has created a new page at Pontifications entitled Liccione on Magisterium, an edited selection of scattered comments I made on that topic over at Pontifications.

I should have thought that only a real Liccione junkie would want to read such a thing, and Liccione junkies are not exactly a demographic that weighs with advertisers or census-takers—though I have heard it suggested that Liccione Addiction might merit an entry in the DSM-V, when that tome comes out. But Al apparently thinks that my comments are of interest to a wider audience than that. I suppose that means I've graduated to true co-pontificator status. For that I shall always be grateful. It's the closest I'll ever get to actually being pope!
blog comments powered by Disqus